Employability is a key part of our degrees – all courses are designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge you need in your career.
Gain employability skills while studying at the University of Sunderland in London. Discover your strengths and values, and how to use them in the search of a fulfilling and rewarding career. Learn the practical components of job searching, such as preparing an effective CV or application form and interview skills.
Practical advice and support could be provided in a number of areas, including:
- One-to-one careers advice and guidance
- Careers information and resources
- Support with searching for jobs, internships, and voluntary work
- Psychometric and ability practice tests
- Job interview practice
Career workshops are delivered in-house and by external visiting professionals and cover a range of topics, such as:
- Leadership skills
- Team working
- Presentation skills
- Professional communication: letters and emails
- Job interview skills
- Social media for job search
Career-oriented workshops, delivered by industry professionals will provide insights into areas like:
- Ernst and Young: Successful attitudes
- ACCA: Careers in finance
- Aspire: Women in business
- Hilton: Working in HR
- Baxter Storey: Careers in contract catering
- Marriott Hotel and Goring Hotels: Careers in the 5* hotel industry
- Team London: Developing skills through volunteering
The Careers and Employability Service is impartial and confidential. It’s available to all current students and alumni up to three years after graduation.
Visit the Careers and Employability Service on the 4th floor (next to the International Office), University of Sunderland in London.
Phone: 020 7531 7333 Ext. 2342
For further information about careers and employability, please see the University of Sunderland in London Careers and Employability website.