Lecturer (Undergraduate Business)
I am a lecturer teaching undergraduate business courses at the University of Sunderland in London.
With over 20 years’ experience in media and business consultancy, both in the UK and abroad, I have been teaching in higher education institutions since 2010.
Teaching and supervision
- BA (Hons) Business and Management
My research interests include:
- International education
- Curriculum development and management
- Teaching and learning
- Research methods
- Inclusive education
- Student engagement
- International studies
I also have an interest in how, and by whom, public policy made as well as improving decision-making and constitutional democratic structures.
- Simplice A. Asongu, Mushfiqur Rahman, Okeoma J.-P. Okeke & Afzal S. Munna (2022) Tourism management for financial access in Sub-Saharan Africa: inequality thresholds, Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, https://doi.org/10.1080/19407963.2021.2017727
Munna, A. S. (2021) Self-control Using Traffic Lights Toolkit for Academic Success. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, 8(12). 93-95. https://doi.org/10.14738/assrj.812.11352
- - Munna, A. S. (2021) Corporate Culture Management: a use of the OCAI instrument, Proceedings International Education Webinar of IAIN Palopo (PROCEEDINGS IEWIP), 1(1), pp. 48-50.
- - Munna, A. S. (2021). Instructional Leadership and Role of Module Leaders. International Journal of Educational Reform. https://doi.org/10.1177/10567879211042321
- Munna, A., (2021). Assessment and verification: A higher education perspective. Journal of Education and Learning (EduLearn), 15(3), pp.425-431. https://doi.org/10.11591/edulearn.v15i3.20080
- Munna, A. S., & Khanam, R. (2021). Analysis of the Value and Advantages of Financial Literacy and Digitalization to the Individual. International Journal of Asian Education, 2(2), 141-152. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v2i2.80
- Munna, A. S., & Kalam, M. A. (2021). Impact of Active Learning Strategy on the Student Engagement. GNOSI: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Human Theory and Praxis, 4(2), 96-114. Retrieved from http://www.gnosijournal.com/index.php/gnosi/article/view/96
- Munna, A. S., & Kalam, M. A. (2021). Application of Theories, Principles and Models of Curriculum Design: A Literature Review. International Journal of Multidisciplinary and Current Educational Research (IJMCER), 3(1), 147-153. Retrieved from https://www.ijmcer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/IJMCER_T03101470153.pdf
- Munna, A. S., & Kalam, M. A. (2021). Teaching and learning process to enhance teaching effectiveness: a literature review. International Journal of Humanities and Innovation (IJHI), 4(1), 1-4.
- Munna, A. S., & Shaikh, M. S. I. (2021) Impact of Shared Ethnicity in Building Effective Relationship: A complete Literature Review on Higher Education Context. Academic Journal of International Education Research, 2(1), 1-6.
- Munna, A. S. & Mazumdar, A. (2021). Online Learning: A View from Higher Education. Cross Current Int J Peer Reviewed J Human Soc Sci, 7(2), 45- 49.
- Munna, A. S. (2021) Business Model: Literature Review. PINISI Discretion Review, 4(2), 1-6.
- Munna, A. S. (2021) Strategic Management, Leadership and Staff Motivation: Literature Review. International Education and Culture Studies, 1(1), 21-29. Retrieved from http://www.stslpress.org/journal/journalArticle?id=5
- Munna, A. S. (2020) ‘International Students’ Learning Experience on Global Curriculum’, Journal of Education. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022057420972063
- Munna, A. S., & Shaikh, M. S. I. (2020) Working from Home vs Learning from Home: A Critical Investigation and Analysis during the COVID-19. Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies, 12(3), 23-29. https://doi.org/10.9734/ajess/2020/v12i330312
- Munna, A. S. (2020) Poverty’s Effects on the Ability to Engage with Education Actively: A Case Study of the Access and Participation Plan. International Journal of Asian Education, 1(3), 125-134. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v1i3.45
Alharahsheh, H. H., Munna, A. S., Hoffmann, S., Mazumdar, A., & Pius, A. (2022). Development of Learning Resources within Higher Education in Response to the Challenges of COVID 19. International Journal of Asian Education, 3(2), 148–153. https://doi.org/10.46966/ijae.v3i2.296
I’m currently a doctoral researcher at the University of Bath, also serving as an education oversight consultant.
I’m also a member of several professional organisations including:
- Chartered Association of Business Schools - Certified Management and Business Educator (CMBE)
- Society for Education and Training - Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS), Member
- Higher Education Academy – Fellow
- British Educational Research Association (BERA) – Member
- Journal of Education: SAGE Journal (Boston University) – Reviewer
- International Journal of Asian Education (IJAE) - Editorial Board Member
- International Education and Culture Studies - Editorial Board Member
- Gnosi: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Human Theory and Praxis - Editorial Board Member
- Foundation Diploma, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers, London, UK
- APA - Advanced PC Application, NIIT
- Outstanding Innovation in Teaching Award, Waltham International College (WIC), 2018 & 2019
- OCR Business GCE Assessor (Cambridge Assessment)
- End-Point Assessor - Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
- A Qualified External Quality Assurer, Lead Internal Quality Assurer, and Internal Quality Assurer
- Selected three consecutive months, by peers and an independent consumer panel, as Employee of the Month (January – March 2009)
- Achieved Personal Best & Group Best Award in Retail Sales – Kleeneze Ltd (group of Findel Plc) September 2008
- Employee of the Year, Maersk Bangladesh Ltd, 2006 - 2007