Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Studying with a Graduate Route Visa

Home / Admissions / International students / Graduate Route Visa / Studying with a Graduate Route Visa
Student reading in the library

Studying with a Graduate Route Visa

This visa is to give graduates from relevant courses the chance to find work in the UK. That means you won't be able to study any course which could be sponsored by a study provider, like the University of Sunderland in London, under the Student Route visa.


Under the Graduate Route visa, there are some restrictions to your ability to study. The types of study you can do include:

  • Part-time undergraduate course
  • English language courses
  • Some professional courses
  • Any study at a college or university that is not a Student Route Visa sponsor
  • Online study
  • Evening classes
  • Recreational courses

You'll need to contact your course provider to make sure you are allowed to study the course under this visa.