Skip to content

How do I apply for a Student visa?

How do I apply for a Student visa?

Once you've received your CAS number you can apply for the Student visa.

Apply now

What you'll need

You can apply for your Student visa within three months of your intended course start date. You will need to contact your nearest British Embassy, Consulate or High Commission to find out how early you can submit your application, or check the UK visas website.

In order to be granted a Student visa you must pass a points-based assessment and score 40 points. The points are broken down like this:

In addition to the points you need to obtain, you may also be interviewed as a part of your application.

The Home Office and your Student visa

The Home Office website has up to date information about applying for a Student visa. Read through all the information on the Home Office website very carefully before you apply.

We also recommend that you read the Home Office guide of the Points Based System - Policy Guidance. This will give you detailed information on all the supporting documents you need to supply with your application form.

ReciteMe accessibility toolbar button