Following government guidance, you can now visit the campus from Monday to Friday for classes, the Library and other student services. For more information and the latest updates, see the COVID-19 Guidance pages.
Want to improve your skills?Find more opportunities
This is a free, ten-week course for students interested in learning the skills and knowledge essential for project management.
The course runs in the evenings from 6pm to 8pm. Specific days and dates will be released in the near future. Keep an eye on your university email and social media for more information.
Although not accredited, you will receive a University of Sunderland certificate as proof of your successful completion of the course. If you want to explore Project Management further take a look at the University of Sunderland in London's MSc Project Management.
What to expect
You will take part in an interactive programme designed to equip you with a good working knowledge of the essential processes and language of project management.
The course focuses on the importance of project management in the workplace. You will learn day-to-day tips and techniques to create successful project outcomes. A specific emphasis is placed on learning how to use Microsoft Office software tools to help with common tasks project managers come across.
You will also develop your communication and collaboration skills through the completion of a team presentation project. This then becomes a highlight of your portfolio.
During the course, you will learn about:
- Project management terminology, methodology and the role of project manager
- The key documents for project management and how to produce them
- The definition of project scope
- The fundamentals of estimating, budgeting and planning
- How to produce and update a project schedule
- Effective project control, monitoring and reporting during the project life-cycle
- The techniques for risk analysis and risk management
- The effect of project management on third parties
- Common project failures and how to avoid them
Visit the Careers and Employability Service on the 4th floor (next to the Study Skills Office), the University of Sunderland in London.
Phone: 020 7531 7333 Ext. 2342
For further information about careers and employability, please see the University of Sunderland in London Careers and Employability website.