London is one of the most famous cities in the world. It has a huge amount of attractions, museums, events and open spaces to explore, as well as job opportunities and people from all over the world to meet.
Some facts you may not know about London:
- London has three times more European multinational headquarters than any other city in Europe
- The British Library houses over 150 million books, with 3 million new items added to the collection every year
- It doesn’t always rain! London actually has less rainfall than Rome, New York or Tokyo
- The London Underground (also known as the Tube) was built in 1863 and is the world’s oldest underground subway system
- London’s black cab taxi drivers must memorize 320 different routes, 25,000 streets and 20,000 landmarks in order to become certified as a driver
See what our students think about living and studying in London: