University of Sunderland in London

Is my country in the EU or EEA

Female students chatting in London Campus

You do not need a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK if you are from a country which is in the European Economic Area (EEA).

There are 28 countries in the European Union (EU). All of these countries are also in the European Economic Area (EEA). Three countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) are in the EEA, but not in the EU.

Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA):

Austria Belgium Bulgaria
Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic
Denmark Estonia Finland
France Germany Greece
Hungary Iceland Republic of Ireland
Italy Latvia Liechtenstein
Lithuania Luxembourg Malta
Netherlands Norway Poland
Portugal Romania Slovakia
Slovenia Spain Sweden