Published: 14 February 2020
There is a lot to love about the University of Sunderland in London, whether it’s the close community or the location in the heart of London’s financial district. This Valentine’s Day we asked some staff and students what they love about being here.
- "What I love most about the University is its diversity. There are so many nationalities in one place and everyone gets along so well." – Alexandra Yakoleva, BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-Up)
- "The University has a real drive for growth and change that can be seen in how inclusive it is and in the diversity of our students and staff." – Leda Jeliazkova, Lecturer in EAP
- "I love this University because it’s one of the best places to be to develop not only academically but also to grow your hobbies and interests. Students here are driven and passionate about what they do, which is so inspiring." – Kenny Tuki, MSc International Business Management
- "I love that we get to empower students to make healthy choices about their personal and social situations. Students have the space to achieve their goals, whether those are academic, personal or health and wellbeing goals." – Alisa Tsykhotsky, Health and Wellbeing Manager
"There’s so much to love about the University, the main thing being the students - they’re really enthusiastic and always want to engage with us." – Ilona Lewicka, HR Manager
- "I really love the atmosphere around the whole University, and especially the people who create that atmosphere." – Ethan Harris-Woodfin, Video Content Producer
- "I love the University of Sunderland in London because my course is helping me to gain confidence and develop the skills and knowledge that will help me be more successful in my future career." – Antonia Derecichei, BA (Hons) Business and Management Integrated Foundation Year
- "We’re really proud of our family feeling at the University of Sunderland in London. I love that everyone makes a real effort to get to know each other." – June Whitall, Finance Manager
- "The moment I enter the university my day already feels brighter. You can see the love students have for this place - it shows in their happiness, inspiration, motivation and the way they encourage each other." – Desislava Vodenchiarova, BA (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management (Top-Up)
Tell us what you love about studying at the University of Sunderland in London on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to use #WeAreSunLon in your post.