Career planning and preparation
Our confidential, impartial services are available to all current students and alumni for up to three years after you graduate. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment with a careers advisor, get feedback on your CV or to ask us a question.
We offer a range of support including:
- One-to-one careers advice appointments
- Support with writing CVs, application forms and preparing for job interviews
- Help with searching for graduate jobs and internships
- Exclusive Assessment Centre Support Programmes, employer insight days and professional mentoring opportunities
- Support for international students
Workshops and events
Students can join us online or in person at our interactive employer talks, workshops and masterclasses, which run at least once a week in term time (usually at lunch times). Topics include:
- How to improve your CV, LinkedIn profile, and interview skills
- Personal branding for career success
- Job searching tools and tips
- How to gain work experience and make industry connections
- Planning for a successful career change
- Enterprise sessions: generating business ideas, financing your business start-up, business legalities
Current students can look for career events here.
Industry expert talks
From nursing to finance, meet with and gain insights from professionals in your chosen industry or role. Career-oriented workshops, delivered by industry professionals will provide insights into areas like:
- Ernst and Young: successful attitudes
- ACCA: careers in finance
- Aspire: women in business
- Hilton: working in HR
- Baxter Storey: careers in contract catering
- Marriott Hotel and Goring Hotels: careers in the 5-star hotel industry
- Team London: developing skills through volunteering
Free short courses with certificate of completion
Enhance your professional skills with free short courses in business enterprise, digital marketing and project management.
Start your own business
University of Sunderland in London offers a free Business Enterprise Certificate short course for students interested in running their own business, learning practical knowledge and skills for a business start-up and developing a business plan.
Visit the Careers Services on the 4th floor (next to the Study Skills office), the University of Sunderland in London.
Phone: 020 7531 7333 Ext. 2342