To study this course you need:
- A first or upper second class UK honours degree or
- An equivalent qualification.
You must meet the minimum English language requirements to join the course, including:
- IELTS overall score of 6.5
- IELTS score of 6.0 in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking (or equivalent)
Professional Doctorate research proposal
You need to write a two to three page proposal that outlines the:
- Aims of your doctoral project
- Project's relevance to your workplace and profession
- Proposed methodology and techniques for analysis
- Outline of a potential research plan
You need to write your personal statement (included in the application form) addressing the following:
- Your professional experience and standing
- The recognition by your peers as a leading professional in your field
- The level at which you are operating within your organisation or profession and the extent to which you can provide significant influence or drive substantial change
- The opportunity that you have to make a significant contribution to professional practice and/or how you exhibit your powers of creativity and innovation
You also need to provide the following:
- Research proposal
- Qualification certificates
- IELTS certificates, if applicable
- Two references, one of which must be academic
Without all of the above documents, we will not be able to make you an offer on this programme.
Fees and finance
The annual, full-time, fee for this course is:
- £7,000 if you are from the UK (including EU students with settled or pre-settled status resident in the UK)
- £13,750 if you are an EU or international student.
From August 2021, EU students who are resident in the EU or elsewhere outside the UK will be charged international fees. Find out more information on how Brexit will impact EU, EAA and Swiss citizens studying in the UK.
For more information on fees and funding, visit our Scholarships pages.
Please note: Fees may be subject to change in the next academic year.
Find out more about paying tuition fees, methods of payment, or read about the scholarships and discounts that might be available to you.
This information was correct at the time of publication.