Prospective students must have:
- A first or upper second class UK honours degree or
- An equivalent qualification.
Along with the above, you must also meet the minimum English language skills:
- IELTS overall score of 6.5
- IELTS score of 6.0 in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking (or equivalent)
If English isn't your first language, please read our .
Your application and research proposal will be assessed using the following:
Professional Doctorate research proposal
You need to write a two to three page proposal that outlines the:
- Aims of your doctoral project
- Project's relevance to your workplace and profession
- Proposed methodology and techniques for analysis
- Outline of a potential research plan
You need to write your personal statement (included in the application form) addressing the following points:
- Your professional experience and standing
- The recognition by your peers as a leading professional in your field
- The level at which you are operating within your organisation or profession and the extent to which you can provide significant influence or drive substantial change
- The opportunity that you have to make a significant contribution to professional practice and/or how you exhibit your powers of creativity and innovation
You also need to provide the following:
- Research proposal
- Qualification certificates
- IELTS certificates, if applicable
- Two references, one of which must be academic
Without all of the above documents, we will not be able to make you an offer on this programme.
Fees and finance
UK/EU tuition fees 2020/21
- Annual tuition fee: £3,980
- Write up fee: 2,600
International tuition fees 2020/21
- Annual tuition fee: £7,430
- Write up fee: £7,430
Please note: Fees may be subject to change in the next academic year.
Find out more about paying tuition fees, methods of payment, or read about the scholarships and discounts that might be available to you.
This information was correct at the time of publication.