Skip to content

Visa preparation and CAS number

Home / FAQs / International students / Visa preparation and CAS number
  1. Where can I go for visa advice when I am in the UK?

    If you need help or advice about immigration or visas, please contact the Student Engagement team...

  2. Who can I contact about immigration compliance?

    As an applicant to the University of Sunderland in London, you have access to...

  3. What kind of visa do I need to study in the UK?

    There are two visas you can apply for, a Student Visa or a Short Term Study Visa...

  4. What are the pre-CAS checks?

    Before you will be given your final CAS, you will need to complete your ‘pre-CAS checks’.

  5. What is the Immigration History Form?

    The Immigration History Form is the first step in your Immigration Compliance Checks. We will ask you to complete this form so that we know your previous immigration history.

  6. What English language evidence do I need to give?

    You will also be asked to give us your English Language evidence so we can confirm that you have previously studied English, or hold a valid qualification with English at the correct level for your course.

  7. What financial evidence do I need to provide?

    If you are applying from outside the EU, you will need to prove that you have sufficient funds in your account to pay for your first year’s tuition fees, and your living expenses.

  8. Do you need a copy of my passport?

    We'll ask you to give us a scanned copy of your passport, which you can upload through your ‘MyApplication’ portal page.

  9. What is the CAS request form?

    The CAS request form is the final Immigration Compliance check.

  10. What happens when I've passed all the compliance checks?

    Once you've completed all the required documentation, and you have passed all your Immigration Compliance checks, your application will then be ready for its CAS to be assigned.