Skip to content

Support for care leavers

Home / FAQs / Support / Support for care leavers
  1. Do you have a dedicated team to support care experienced students?

    Yes. If you are care experienced you can have access to individual, bespoke support from the University of Sunderland whenever you need it.

  2. What support is offered to care experienced students?

    People leaving care to join the University might have different circumstances...

  3. What is a care experienced young person?

    At the University of Sunderland in London we consider a care experienced young person as someone who has spent 13 weeks or more in the care of...

  4. Can you speak with my support workers or parents?

    With your approval, the We Care team in Sunderland is more than happy to speak with you Leaving Care Worker, Social Worker, parents, guardians, or carers about the support you will get at the University of Sunderland in London.

  5. Is financial support to care experienced young people?

    If you are a looked after young person or care leaver under 25 and a UK full-time undergraduate student then you could be eligible for the We Care Scholarship.

  6. How do I access We Care support?

    If you've said that you're a care leaver, either on your UCAS application form or when you enrolled, we will get in touch with you directly.

  7. What are NorthCLASS and NNECL?

    The University of Sunderland in London is a member of the Northern Care Leavers Activities and Student Support (NorthCLASS)...

ReciteMe accessibility toolbar button