Skip to content

Short-term study visa

How to get a short-term visa

If you are studying on one of our EAP programmes, you can apply for a Short-term Study visa instead of applying for a Student visa. This visa is for English language courses lasting longer than 6 months and up to 11 months.

If you decide you would like to extend your study at the University of Sunderland in London you will be required to return to your home country and make a Student visa application.

There are strict restrictions on this visa: you cannot do any paid or unpaid work, you cannot bring family with you, and you cannot extend this visa while you are in the UK.

If these restrictions don’t suit your circumstances, you should consider the Student visa.

For full information about the Short-term student visa please see the Home Office website.

ReciteMe accessibility toolbar button